BANK

Security Situation In South Sudan

In view of the deteriorating security situation in the Republic of South Sudan, KCB Bank South Sudan has taken steps to reduce its bank operations accordingly.

All KCB staff so far have been accounted for and moved to safety as the management closely monitors developments on the ground in the affected areas, said KCB Group Chief Operating Officer, Mr. Samuel Makome.

“We have reviewed and scaled down branch operations in the country until the situation improves in the affected areas. We apologize to our esteemed customers affected on the disruption of services,” said Mr Makome. “We stand with the people of South Sudan during these difficult times and we look forward to a quick return to normalcy in the country,” he said.

“We are encouraged by efforts from the International Community and the Ministerial Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD), to find a political solution to this problem. We recognize that it is not easy to operate smoothly under the prevailing circumstances and safety of our staff and customers is important,” said Mr. Makome.

KCB was the first Regional Bank to set up in South Sudan in the year 2005. Today KCB is the only Bank in South Sudan that operates in all the 10 states and remains with its long term commitment to support growth and development in the country.

Banking Oct 21, 2020

We value your privacy. While using this website we would like to use cookies and similar technologies to collect data. Collecting this data helps us improve your experience on this site, analyze site usage and personalize message content .By clicking “Allow All”, you consent to the use of cookies. You can find out more in our cookie policy.